RE: Step down - EE to SE

From: Hand, Michael T <>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:11:28 -0400

I don't see how a schema level exp/imp will help. I.E. In an EE database, userA creates a procedure which calls dbms_sqltune. If userA is exported, and imported into a SE database, the procedure will be imported and still function but will now be in violation of the SE license.

Now, I can't say how likely I am to find this kind of scenario, nor how stringent Oracle would be if they discovered this at a customer's site, but I'd rather error on the side of compliance.

Mike Hand