RE: Step down - EE to SE

From: Bort, Guillermo <guillermo.bort_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:38:43 -0500

How about export/import at schema level?

Guillermo Alan Bort

DBA / DBA Main Team

EDS, an HP company

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Hand, Michael T Sent: Friday, October 17, 2008 11:25 AM
To: Allen, Brandon; oracle-l
Subject: RE: Step down - EE to SE

Thanks Brandon,

Your recent email on this was what got me questioning my supposition. It seems there are other packages besides dbms_sqltune & dbms_advisor, such as dbms_rls for VPD and others that use parallel features which are installed on SE but only licensed in EE. The bottom line appears to be even if you export an EE database and import it into a SE environment (as was recommended by a poster in Jared's archive link), it is still possible to have EE features in use, violating SE licensing. Great. . .let's make this task even more complicated.

Mike Hand