RE: Step down - EE to SE

From: Hand, Michael T <>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:18:33 -0400

Jared, Rich, Paul,

Thanks for the feedback. DBA_FEATURE_USAGE_STATISTICS was a good staring place, but is only available in 10g. Also there is no distinction between EE and SE features. As mentioned I have both EE and SE installed and my assumption is that if the feature works under SE, it meets the SE licensing requirements. Proved that by trying to create a partitioned table on SE and get a ORA-439 error. I'm more concerned with AWR/ADDM and other tuning / advisory features. Packages used by these and the EE Tuning Pack (dbms_sqltune) are installed under my SE instances as well as EE. So using the underlying packages is OK?? I've got to have a talk with my rep.

Mike Hand