Re: Step down - EE to SE

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:41:17 -0700

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:08 AM, Hand, Michael T <HANDM_at_polaroid.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Our goal is to reduce costs by converting
> our licenses from Enterprise to Standard. This process has already been
> initiated with our rep, and my task is to ensure these databases cease
> using any
> EE features by year-end.
>
> 10.2.0.4 Std has been installed for new servers & databases.

Hi Michael,

This question was asked here a couple years ago.

Here's the beginning of the thread:
http://www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/12-2006/msg00324.html

Here are a couple of interesting replies in that thread: http://www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/12-2006/msg00357.html http://www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/12-2006/msg00326.html

Not terribly good news I'm afraid.

Maybe you can work a deal with the license rep.

Jared Still