Re: Recovery Catalog Question

From: GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:29:21 -0700

Does your network have the bandwidth to handle the data transfer? Your Backup server will be bombarded; The number of processes on the Recovery catalog will be high and some of the Recovery Catalog tables didn't have indexes and resulted in locking. Oracle Support came up with indexing suggestion. Off my head i do not remember the version. Scheduling them at different time slots will make your monitoring easier; I hope you are taking into account Archive backup as well.

HTH
GovindanK