Re: Anyone replicating LIVE Oracle LUNs at the SAN layer?

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:55:12 +0200

We are doing it.
We have for each server, another server in DR site, with oracle installed, services built etc.
We attach a disk to the DR server and install Oracle and build database with the same sid and service name and the same paths. Then we stop the services, detach the disk and the server just sits there and wait.
When we need the database in the DR site, we just break the connection between the sites, attach the copy of the EMC disks, in the DR site, to the DR server and reboot it.
Works ok, tested many times.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel