Re: Question re Physical and logical standby

From: jason arneil <jason.arneil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 19:21:51 +0100

Hi William,

I'd say this was pretty comprehensively dealt with in the oracle documentation,
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14239/create_ls.htm#i91652

to quote the relevant part:

"A LogMiner dictionary must be built into the redo data so that the LogMiner component of SQL Apply can properly interpret changes it sees in the redo. As part of building LogMiner Multiversioned Data Dictionary, supplemental logging is automatically set up to log primary key and unique-constraint/index columns. The supplemental logging information ensures each update contains enough information to logically identify each row that is modified by the statement."

To build the LogMiner dictionary, issue the following statement:

SQL> EXECUTE DBMS_LOGSTDBY.BUILD; This is done only on the primary.

jason.

--
http://jarneil.wordpress.com

-- -- http://jarneil.wordpress.com -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l