Developer 6i client server and 11g database - any feedback

From: Reardon, Bruce (RTABBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_riotinto.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:16:52 +1100

Is anyone using Developer 6i / Forms 6i in client server mode with an 11g database (on 32 bit Windows 2003R2 SP2)?

If so, have you found any issues?

I have found
http://unclechrisblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/forms-6i-certified-with-oracl e-11g.html which links to http://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/2008/03/27/ saying how EBS 11i is certified with 11g.

That is, provided you install the Apps Interop Patch 7343387 (plus Dev 6i patch 19 + 3 addition 6i patches) etc.

We have been able to compile against 11g using Developer 6i (my other post talks about compilation issues with Developer 2000 and 11g).

I've also seen
http://jarneil.wordpress.com/2008/03/26/legacy-applications-and-oracle-1 1g/ and we too see an issue with plus80 (8.0.5) connecting to 11g. Both plus33 and plus80 (8.0.6) do connect ok to 11g.

Thanks for any feedback,
Bruce Reardon

bruce.reardon_at_riotinto.com

This email is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and delete this message from your system without first printing or copying it. Any personal data in this email (including any attachments) must be handled in accordance with the Rio Tinto Group Data Protection Policy and all applicable data protection laws.