Re: integer / number CTAS problem

From: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 13:35:38 +1300

Hi Jared,

RE Is the INTEGER data type something unique to your platform? :

Don't know to be honest, but don't think so.

I'd never explicitly used INTEGER before because as far as I was aware INTEGER and NUMBER were synonymous,... but Oracle when doing a partition swap, doesn't agree.

I could change the "destination" table definition, replacing all occurrences of INTEGER to NUMBER. But its bugging me that I may have to do this. The table is created by the application with INTEGER columns (Portal Development Centre). I plan to drop it and recreate it partitioned anyway (the Dev Centre creates a host of internal definitions as a necessary side-effect), but I didn't want to have to change any column definintions.

Cheers
Tony