Re: Data Guard question

From: Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:50:32 -0400

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 08:21:19AM -0600, Sweetser, Joe wrote:
> 2. Missing standby redo logs on the standby database - I expected RMAN
> to create/recreate the SRLs I had created in the primary but the files
> themselves were missing.

I noticed on my last passed through this process that the need for the stby redo on the standby was not documented in the 11g docs (it explicitly says create them on the primary). I accidently saw a msg in the primary alert log sometime in the process of building the standby that said:

Use the following SQL commands on the standby database to create standby redo logfiles that match the primary database:

ALTER DATABASE ADD STANDBY LOGFILE 'srl1.f' SIZE 52428800;
ALTER DATABASE ADD STANDBY LOGFILE 'srl2.f' SIZE 52428800;
ALTER DATABASE ADD STANDBY LOGFILE 'srl3.f' SIZE 52428800;
ALTER DATABASE ADD STANDBY LOGFILE 'srl4.f' SIZE 52428800;

I guess that counts as documentation :)