Re: Executing wrong sql

From: <>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:38:04 -0400

HOw can you tell what is being executed, via a trace?

Is there a materialized view out there thats doing a query rewrite?

Thanks, Joe

Phineas says, "Where's Perry?"

"Sandra Becker" <>

Sent by:

10/10/2008 12:10 PM
Please respond to

"Sandra Becker" <>

oracle-l <>

Executing wrong sql

I have a developer trying to run an SQL script against a test database that is picking up the wrong sql instead of what is really in my PL/SQL script. What's really strange to me is that if I set echo on, I can see the code it should be executing, not what it is really executing. Could this be due to a cursor left open? I've never seen this behavior before so I'm a bit lost on where to look.

If I run the same script against another test database, it works like it's supposed to. The developer also tells me that this code worked on this database until we bounced it yesterday.

Our environment for both databases: Oracle, SuSE10, IBM z9 VM

Any suggestions will be appreciated.