RE: Average physical read times for AIX & SAN

From: Claudia Zeiler <czeiler_at_ecwise.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 11:29:19 -0700

Daniel,
I am sorry to be so slow to respond to this, it was caught by my junk filter and only emerged today.

Reading this, at first I thought that you were internal to my company. We have the same configuration and here are a few gem lines from sid_lgwr_123.trc

Warning: log write time 620ms, size 2501KB *** 2008-10-08 18:13:50.581
Warning: log write time 2000ms, size 9435KB *** 2008-10-08 18:13:51.779
Warning: log write time 870ms, size 4072KB *** 2008-10-08 18:13:53.07

I have seen these write times also when less than 1KB was being written. My winner warning so far was for 23 seconds! If you have learned anything about this issue, I would LOVE to hear it. Thanks a million,
Claudia Zeiler