RAC in/on a Polyserve Matrix cluster

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 11:22:55 -0500

Hi everyone,

I've been doing some checking lately for an upcoming installation and want to know if anyone can confirm my suspicions. The environment is going to be RH AS 4, 10.2.0 64-bit and shared storage will be managed by Polyserve Matrix (or whatever it is called now) CFS. My current understanding is that Polyserve CFS essentially runs its own clusterware that will not be integrated with Oracle Clusterware. So, the Oracle installation will proceed just like it was on an OCFS2 cluster. That is, no 3rd-party clusterware integration will be performed.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks,
Dan