Languages

From: Mário Gamito <gamito_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 13:23:18 +0100

Hi,

I've installed Oracle 10g in Windows, and it installed both English and Portuguese languages.
All the software is English writen. The feedback, errors and warnings are in portuguese. It's not to my liking, but I can live with that.

The problem is in the SQL itself.

For example, if I try to get the day after FRIday, I get an error with this statement:

SELECT NEXT_DAY(SYSDATE, 'FRI') FROM dual;

because, FRI(day) is for English. The statement runs smoothly if I change "FRI" for "SEX" which are the first three letters for Friday in portuguse (sexta).

Does anyone knows how can I set the whole system to be in English ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Warm Regards,
Mário Gamito