Re: Virtualization

From: Frits Hoogland <frits.hoogland_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 09:01:54 +0200

The most obvious reason many oracle customers do not use vmware and are looking at oraclevm is the support issue. the company I work for walked away from vmware because oracle says in very difficult wording it doesn't support it. in oracle's wording: Oracle does support vmware, but doesn't certify it, which means that if an issue is deemed a vmware issue, Oracle asks you to continue your call with vmware.

but, on the other hand, I use both vmware and virtualbox on my laptop as a playground.

frits