RE: Hugepages - benefits / drawbacks

From: Bort, Guillermo <>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:49:12 -0500

Be ware it's a 'hidden' parameter and thus it should not be implemented in production environments unless specifically suggested by Oracle or application vendor (SAP comes to mind). That being said, I do have access to Oracle on Solaris and will certainly try this parameter under load (hammerora) and report back ^_^

Perhaps if someone else does this test we can compare results as I will be running it on a virtual machine.

Guillermo Alan Bort
EDS - ITO DBA Main Group