Re: what could cause my oracle sequence nextval jump?

From: Edgar Chupit <chupit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 21:37:57 +0200

Hi Guang,

You can also take a look at very interesting recorder webseminar "Managing sequences in a RAC environment" by Joel Goodman at oracle sig webpage: http://www.oracleracsig.org/pls/apex/f?p=105:206

On slide 11, he explains usual cases when gaps can occur and also, as one of the measures, suggests to use dbms_shared_pool.keep to lock sequence in shared pool.

This webinar explains very thoroughly all main details of sequences and other techniques of generating sequence numbers. Definitely worth watching this webinar, even if you think you know enough about sequences.

--
Best regards,
Edgar Chupit