RE: library cache pin wait

From: Bort, Guillermo <>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:50:25 -0500

I just remembered SGA Attach in 10gR2, perhaps this can help you further trace the problem. If I remember correctly, in the performance tab of EM DBControl there was a link for In Memory Access Mode or something like that... near the end of the page above the 'related links' section. Perhaps worth looking into it.

Guillermo Alan Bort

EDS - ITO DBA Main Group

[] On Behalf Of Dba DBA Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: library cache pin wait

I am in on redhat linux. This is also a 7 node RAC cluster.

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 1:07 PM, Yong Huang <> wrote:

> to get the really pinned objects x$kglpn must be used - no v$-view is
> for this to oracle 10.2, for oracle 11 I don't have the information.

Not in 11g either. Although no v$ view exposes x$kglpn, DBA_KGLLOCK does. It's documented. But unlike your v$code_object_in_use, the columns in DBA_KGLLOCK are obviously not as user friendly, and pins are mixed with KGL locks in it (need filter where kgllktype='Pin').

Yong Huang