RE: RAC newbie question

From: Yavor Ivanov <Yavor_Ivanov_at_stemo.bg>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 17:45:11 +0300

        Hello, Dan
        Yes, I see I did not explain myself to clearly... I haven't done 10g -> 11g RAC upgrades, but as far as I remember, 9i to 10g RAC upgrade requires downtime for the whole cluster during the upgrade (or "migration", on Oracle terms) of the clusterware. Are you sure it is possible to make rolling upgrade from 10g to 11g (or 11 to 12...) of the clusterware without downtime?
        I'm not talking about the possibility to use the standby database to minimize downtime.

Regards,
Yavor Ivanov
Oracle Certified Master