Re: Long Time connecting to Database

From: Andrey Goryunov <goryunov.oracle.l_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 23:35:19 +1100

Hi Bala,

I had the same issue on AIX when several databases were placed on a server using LOCK_SGA and PRE_PAGE_SGA set to true and total SGA size was almost the same amount of memory allocated for server unit. With high activity of databases every connection even under sysdba was causing enormous paging and long time of connection.

HTH,
Andrey Goryunov

--
Regards,