RE: RAC newbie question

From: Bort, Guillermo <guillermo.bort_at_eds.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:23:54 -0500

I think this approach is even better than my DRS idea ^_^ I would definiteley go with this as well... and should you be using sun cluster or any decenr cluster manager, you can configure automatic failover of instances... for example, database ORCL runnin on nodes 1 and 2, instance ORCL2 (running on node 2) dies for some reason (let's say the node is eaten by a bear), automatically start instance ORCL3 (running on node 3). If you have TAF configured, you'd have some time until connections from node 1 would re-balance, but still, this approach should work.

Guillermo Alan Bort
EDS - ITO DBA Main Group