RE: RAC newbie question

From: Bort, Guillermo <guillermo.bort_at_eds.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:39:36 -0500

There are many factors to consider, on one hand, you can set application affinity and help the load balancer through that, though running a 9 node database may not be the best. I'd go with 3 clusters (3 nodes each) and have the clusters as DRS for each other, having Higher availability and avoiding extra overhead due to cache fusion and separating databases, specially if they have different production times, SLA, etc.

HTH Guillermo Alan Bort
EDS - ITO DBA Main Group