RE: RAC newbie question

From: Sais, Gene <Gsais_at_mypalmbeachclerk.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 14:26:44 -0400

I would spread them out, assuming you have the capacity to handle the database load on 1 cluster.

Assuming all 3 databases are production:

Use 2 nodes (lowest capacity) as a test cluster. Use the remaining 7 nodes 2-3 clusters with 1-2 databases as the prod clusters. Trust me, you will want a cluster to test with, RAC does NOT work as documented. There are lot's of workarounds, especially if you are using ASM & OMF. Don't get me wrong, I like RAC just that it is more difficult to support than Non-RAC.