RE: Virtualization

From: Roberts, David (GSD - UK) <david.h.roberts_at_logica.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 11:51:01 +0100

I recently went to a seminar where Julian Dyke was presenting his experiences of OracleVM.

Unfortunately the presentation isn't yet up on his website: http://www.juliandyke.com/Presentations/Presentations.html

Although I assume it will be added shortly.

In summary, he found the product poorly documented, with many of the issues encountered installing and configuring it only documented on Metalink and isn't really ready for live deployment yet.

NB. He was using version 2.1.1, although he stated that none of the problems he encountered appeared to have been fixed in 2.1.2.

Regards,

Dave

David Roberts
Logica - Releasing your potential

www.logica.com

Logica UK Limited
Registered in England and Wales (registered number 947968) Registered office: Stephenson House, 75 Hampstead Road, London NW1 2PL, United Kingdom