Streams and Dataguard

From: Niall Litchfield <>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 16:22:38 +0100

hi all I have been able to set up streams schema replication between a couple of single instance dbs but I am having trouble with log shipping in a dataguard environment. the dg environment has log_archive_config set as DG_CONFIG=(PRIMARY,STANDBY) but setting LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_3 for db3 the proposed target results in an error that db3 is not in dg_config, putting it there results in a complaint that db3 isn't a standby, as I'd expect please tell me streams isn't incompatible with Dataguard.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA