Re: transporting 3 TBs of data to a new database

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 22:30:47 +0100

I thought you were moving to a new database? If so then streams is certainly one option. If your question is about moving datafiles around then you should look at convincing the other team about ASM. Certainly I find the argument that you can move the database from one SAN to another without any downtime fairly convincing (though of course the san storage needs to be presented to the server in a non-downtime manner as well.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> the data is already in the database. i thought streams worked off the redo
> logs? they would not do us any good.
>
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Barun, Vlado <Vlado.Barun_at_jtv.com>wrote:
>
>> And if downtime is a concern, you can use streams to minimize to downtime.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Vlado Barun, M.Sc.
>> Senior Database Architect
>> Jewelry Television