Re: ora-4063

From: <genegurevich_at_discover.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:22:05 -0500

The user is "schema2" . I believe it only has select on the views.

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             "Andrew Kerber"
             <andrew.kerber_at_gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
                                       genegurevich_at_discover.com
             10/01/2008 09:04                                           cc
             AM                        oracle-l_at_freelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: ora-4063

What user is executing the batch job, and does it have alter privileges on the views (as in alter view compile?)

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 8:56 AM, <genegurevich_at_discover.com> wrote:   Hello everybody:

  I am running oracle 10.2.0.1 In the database schema1 owns several tables   and select on these tables is granted to   public. Schema2 owns several views using the tables in schema1. Select on   these views is also granted to
  public. And I have a schema3 which runs selects against schema2's views   from a Pro*C code.

  Once every 2 weeks, all objects in schema1 are being dropped and   reimported
  (without structure changes, just
  with different data). After that all the views in the schema2 become   invalid. This does not seem to be an issue   because a desc or select command runs successfully and changes the status   to valid. This however does not
  seem to be the case with the Pro*C code which fails consistently with   ORA-4063. The command that fails
  is select col into variable from view . When I run this command manually   from SQL> prompt, I have no issues,
  when it is executed in batch mode from Pro*C script it fails

  Has anyone seen this issue before and what could be the fix for it?

  thank you

  Gene Gurevich

Andrew W. Kerber

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Oct 01 2008 - 09:22:05 CDT