Re: Forcing a re-plan

From: Hemant K Chitale <>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 22:05:21 +0800

Even a simple "COMMENT ON TABLE <tablename> IS ' ' " will suffice to invalidate SQLs against that table and force a re-parse at the next execution.

At 09:46 PM Wednesday, James Barton wrote:
>Forgive me if this is well-documented elsewhere, but I Queried The Fine
>Google and couldn't find anything:
>Are there any ways of forcing a query to be replanned, other than
>gathering stats on one of the queried tables, or flushing the shared

Hemant K Chitale

"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes