Re: 10g Resource Management Plan changes of its own volition

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:34:17 +1000 (EST)

I have had a lot of fun with this exotic feature called Resource Manager and a lot of debates with the guys I work on whether this actually works on.

Unfortunately I cannot say more because the customer is now an Oracle Reference Site. Suffice to say we have a lot of open issues with Oracle DEV in this area.

  But to answer your question as to why this plan is set , if the resource_manager_plan is changed by Scheduler windows, it is changed to SCHEDULER:XXX.

  HTH,
  Fairlie

Martin Klier <usn_at_usn-it.de> wrote:
  Dear list,

I've got trouble with my resource management. It's a RAC 10.2.0.3 x86_64 on Linux (SuSE) with four nodes.

First, I just noticed that only node 1 used the user defined plan MY_PLAN (just an example) regularly. Looking up the plan config in EM Grid Control, it was only configured for Node 1, Nodes 2-4 always fell back to INTENAL_PLAN which is the default. I changed this several times in EMGC. (Much too late I recognized that it's just a system parameter, shame on me)

So now I did set it this way:
alter system set resource_manager_plan=MY_PLAN scope=both sid='*'; as well as for each sid seperately for a try.

It worked like a charm, too-much-consuming statements suffered from CPU quota wait events now. But only for some time, at once all nodes had set this value for resource_manager_plan: "SCHEDULER[0xC1E6]:INTERNAL_PLAN" And, needless to tell, MY_PLAN was out of use again.

First of all, why is the system changing my parameters? And who, which process does that? The scheduler? Why should it do so?

Thanks if anybody has an idea...
Regards
Martin Klier
--

Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk http://www.usn-it.de

          Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
  http://el-caro.blogspot.com/
  M: +61 402 792 405

 Make the switch to the world&#39;s best email. Get Yahoo!7 Mail.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Sep 30 2008 - 18:34:17 CDT

Original text of this message