database sizing estimates using partitioned indexe

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:09:32 -0400

We partitions by day and by month depending on the table. All of our partitions have names of the form

PART_YYYYMMDD or PART_YYYYMM

I am trying to calculate sizing estimates/day and by month (so they can stay ahead of adding storage).

since all my partitions have the same name, user_segments is not useful. for data I was using using_tab_partitions and taking blocks*blocksize to get the size/day.

I see "leaf blocks" in user ind_partitions. Not sure if that is enough blocks to get a good estimate per day. Note that 1 partition is one day or 1 month.

any suggestions ?