transporting 3 TBs of data to a new database

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:28:06 -0400

I am on ASM, the group moving the data is not. I think transportable tablespaces is the best way to do this. So I have to use RMAN to put the data in ASM. Is this a copy to an an ASM tablespace? Any idea how this works? I am trying to figure out how long this will take. We may be able to do it in pieces.

I dont think data pump is good for this.

I also dont know a good wait to write comma delimitted files out of this much data to sql load.