RE: db_file_multiblock_read_count

From: Claudia Zeiler <czeiler_at_ecwise.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:53:33 -0700

Hi Allen,
Here is how I know that I'm being ignored. SQL> select isdefault from v$parameter where name = 'db_file_multiblock_read_count';

ISDEFAULT

FALSE
  • So, 124 is not my default. I'll set it to some other value - any value. 1* alter system set db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8 scope=memory sid = 'my_sid' SQL> /
System altered.

SQL> show parameter db_file_multiblock_read_count

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

------------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------
db_file_multiblock_read_count integer 8
SQL> alter system reset db_file_multiblock_read_count scope=memory sid = 'my_sid ';

System altered.

SQL> show parameter db_file_multiblock_read_count

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE

db_file_multiblock_read_count integer 8
SQL> select isdefault from v$parameter where name = 'db_file_multiblock_read_count';

ISDEFAULT

FALSE I can set it to what ever I want. I just haven't succeeded in UN SETTING it.

Thank you for the idea though.
-Claudia