Re: Problem in refresh

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 12:39:59 -0700

That post was a bit terse, my apologies.

I was just firing off a quick reply before I had to check out of my hotel and head to the airport.

There is a problem in your backup procedures. Having files with the same name in different paths should not normally be.problem.

Your backup procedures need to be reviewed, or the problem will occur.

Jared

On 9/26/08, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> As it has not yet been mentioned, I will say it now:
>
> Fix your backup procedures.
>
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Shastry(DBA) <shastry17_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Gurus,
>>
>> My fellow team member has unknowingly added a datafile of the same name in
>> different mount point and now the database looks having two datafile names
>> which are identical and located in different mount points. We are taking
>> hot-backups and the file got overwritten as both file names were common.
>> when we refreshed and checked for v$datafile for status='RECOVER' we
>> observe
>> the datafile is missing. Is there a way we can get this rectified as user
>> needs the restore and recovery of 15 days old backup. Could you please
>> suggest and help as backup tar ball is overwritten file and prod database
>> has two identical named datafiles..
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ann
>>

> --