RE: two instance -- one database

From: Roberts, David (GSD - UK) <david.h.roberts_at_logica.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:33:54 +0100

Not exactly the same issue, but when we moved our application onto a Citrix farm separated from the database server by a Gig Ethernet, then some queries which had simply performed poorly when the were on PCs on a 10 meg Ethernet network suddenly had a significantly larger impact on the database.

Obviously if the 2 databases are on separate servers there would be a throttling effect on queries that involved full table scans of large tables.

However I suspect that there would be a more conventional way to achieve the same goal.

Dave

David Roberts
www.logica.com

Logica UK Limited
Registered in England and Wales (registered number 947968) Registered office: Stephenson House, 75 Hampstead Road, London NW1 2PL, United Kingdom