Re: two instance -- one database

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:14:54 -0500

Hmm. If they are straight views to the database, I fail to see how this protects Database A from bad queries as the bulk of the work will be done on Database A anyway. If they are using materialized views, or streams, or Logical Standby, or any other form of replication, I would probably agree with them.

Bradd Piontek
Oracle Blog: http://piontekdd.blogspot.com Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/piontekdd