RE: Nagios

From: Robertson Lee - lerobe <Lee.Robertson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:27:25 +0100

Apologies for not replying to the list with any details but to be fair there wasn't anything in detail. Basically people saying no problems with it and you can plug shell scripts and sql scripts into it. After doing some digging I also found a plug in site called nagios exchange but that has nothing on that we aren't scripting anyway.

We are just going to install and play with it :-) Best way of learning I guess. I was more concerned about receiving emails saying "don't go near it" and such like. I didn't receive one

Cheers

Lee

From: Howard Latham [mailto:howard.latham_at_gmail.com] Sent: 24 September 2008 10:05
To: Robertson Lee - lerobe
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Nagios

I didn't see any of the responses ? We are getting it in too any chance of forwarding them?

2008/9/24 Robertson Lee - lerobe <Lee.Robertson_at_acxiom.com>

        Guys,

        Thanks to everyone who responded. Looks like this is a goer then, we already have lots of scripts that it would appear we can plug into Nagios and there are plugins out there as well.

        I will let you know how we get on.

        Cheers

        Lee

***