Problem in refresh

From: Shastry(DBA) <shastry17_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 06:34:08 +0530

Hello Gurus,

My fellow team member has unknowingly added a datafile of the same name in different mount point and now the database looks having two datafile names which are identical and located in different mount points. We are taking hot-backups and the file got overwritten as both file names were common. when we refreshed and checked for v$datafile for status='RECOVER' we observe the datafile is missing. Is there a way we can get this rectified as user needs the restore and recovery of 15 days old backup. Could you please suggest and help as backup tar ball is overwritten file and prod database has two identical named datafiles..

Thanks,
Ann