Managing 9i database using 10g ( CRS resources

From: Anurag Verma <>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:17:59 -0700

Hi all,

I have a 2 node Oracle RAC ( on Sun Solaris 10. The clusterware we use is Oracle clusterware.

On the 2 nodes, there is a 10g RAC database is running.

On the second node, there is another Oracle 9i home ( from which an Oracle 9i database is running.

Can we use CRS to manage this 9i database on the 2nd node?

I mean to stop and start the 9i database.

Also, since CRS will get restarted automatically, I would love to have this 9i database also get restarted automatically at node reboots.

Looking forward to your suggestions,

Anurag Verma,
Database Administrator
ERCOT(Electric Reliability Council of Texas), Texas 76574