Managing 9i database using 10g (10.2.0.4) CRS resources

From: Anurag Verma <anuragdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:17:59 -0700

Hi all,

I have a 2 node Oracle RAC (10.2.0.4.0) on Sun Solaris 10. The clusterware we use is Oracle clusterware.

On the 2 nodes, there is a 10g RAC database is running.

On the second node, there is another Oracle 9i home (9.2.0.7) from which an Oracle 9i database is running.

Can we use CRS to manage this 9i database on the 2nd node?

I mean to stop and start the 9i database.

Also, since CRS will get restarted automatically, I would love to have this 9i database also get restarted automatically at node reboots.

Looking forward to your suggestions,

Thanks,
--

Anurag Verma,