Re: Steps to Upgrade Rman Catalog Database.

From: Bradd Piontek <>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:38:42 -0500

I've always just kept the catalog database at the latest version, per what you've read. So, before I deploy a patchset to an actual database: 1. patch the Oracle_home for the Recovery Catalog and follow the patch procedures for the database.
2. RMAN catalog=username/password
3. upgrade catalog;

You should be able to find a compatibility matrix for Catalog versions and rman client versions on Metalink. I've never seen a reason to have multiple catalogs on one database, YMMV.

Bradd Piontek