Re: Centos el5 on IBM Thinkpad T61 - Oracle 9i (!!) install?

From: Carmen Rusu <rusucarmen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:00:05 -0500

Oracle Support is telling me I need to downgrade from Linux RedHat/Centos  el5 to el4 in order to be able to install the only Oracle RDBMS 9i available for Linux x86_64bit which is the Thinkpad architecture.

I am constrained to 9i on LInux RedHat because the rman files I need to use to clone/duplicate the db are from a production server that's 9i & Linux RedHat (32bit).

Thank you very much for all your helpful suggestions!

Carmen Rusu