RE: Steps to Upgrade Rman Catalog Database.

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 08:20:47 -0400

It might be a better idea to simply create a new Oracle user in the database where the existing rman catalog exists and create a new catalog. We do this here.

We have one "repository" database (called repo) that holds all of our general-usage catalog schemas. In it, we have a 9.2, and Rman catalogs. Each individual database then simply connects to the correct catalog.

Each Rman catalog is relatively small.

Hope this helps.