RE: Where clause apparently failing

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:28:22 -0700

Bradd,

In that the database was recently upgraded from 9i to 10g and the queries were successful in 9i I set the init parameters

optimizer_mode = rule

optimizer_features_enable = "9.2.0"

and the problem resolved. We know the views are poorly designed, the question is now one of narrowing down what has changed. I guess that is the fun part. I'm not sure yet how to determine that.

Thank you.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu
(530) 754-6208
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Bradd Piontek Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 11:46 AM To: daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Where clause apparently failing

It might help to see what the view structure looks like as well.

Bradd Piontek

William Wagman wrote:
Greetings,

ucdv_cc_summaryae is a view and the column study_number is varchar2(100). I am perplexed and would appreciate any thoughts. I am still having difficulty getting to Oracle docs online.

Thanks.