RE: Where clause apparently failing

From: William Wagman <>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:28:22 -0700

In that the database was recently upgraded from 9i to 10g and the queries were successful in 9i I set the init parameters

optimizer_mode = rule

optimizer_features_enable = "9.2.0"

and the problem resolved. We know the views are poorly designed, the question is now one of narrowing down what has changed. I guess that is the fun part. I'm not sure yet how to determine that.

Thank you.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
(530) 754-6208
From: [] On Behalf Of Bradd Piontek Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 11:46 AM To:
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: Where clause apparently failing

It might help to see what the view structure looks like as well.

Bradd Piontek

William Wagman wrote:

ucdv_cc_summaryae is a view and the column study_number is varchar2(100). I am perplexed and would appreciate any thoughts. I am still having difficulty getting to Oracle docs online.