Re: single instance cluster database

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:34:55 -0700

Check out the whitepapers at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/clusterware/index.html. Particularly, the one titled "Using Oracle Clusterware to Protect A Single Instance Oracle Database 11g" will be applicable.

I've built several clusters like the one Sreekanth described and it's been very beneficial. Note that this is single-instance failover, so no RAC licenses are required and Oracle Clusterware has no extra license cost (as long as you run it with Oracle Databases, Oracle Enterprise Linux, or some other Oracle product).

Good luck!

Dan