Re: PX Deq Credit: send blkd

From: Martin Klier <>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:34:43 +0200

Hi Ian,

Ian Cary schrieb:
> Another suggestion might be to try this
> create table klm_test3 as select * from klm_test where 1=2;
> insert /*+ append parallel(t2 16) */ into klm_test3 t2
> select /*+ parallel(t1 16) */ * from klm_test t1;
> This seems to work for me whereas the parallel create table only seems to
> parallelize the select (as you are observing)

I retried the suggestion word by word - here I can see one CPU-consuming process as well, and 32 waiting with send blkd. I repeat, 32. It seems, that the parallelization on DDL/DML side just forces more data producers.

Strange thing, but this one becomes rather nasty since the project schedule tightens around my neck.

Anyway, Ian, Chris, guys - you are great ;)

Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk