Re: New application and AWR report advice

From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:48:49 -0600

Fred,

This sounds like a case of an application/application server performing 'test' parses. Do these sql_ids show up in the awr/statspack reports prior to the application installation? Can you tie these statements back to the new application (program_id in v$sql is a good place to start)?

It sounds like you have a good case for at least opening a support ticket with the vendor.

Regards,
Daniel Fink

--
Daniel Fink

OptimalDBA.com - Oracle Performance, Diagnosis, Data Recovery and Training

OptimalDBA    http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog   http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

Lost Data?    http://www.ora600.be/