RE: Listener under ASM or db?

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:48:53 -0500

Thanks Tim. For some reason I was thinking that with ASM, each request involving storage would use the listener to start new connections to the ASM instance. Guess I could have run a few tests on that first (which I did just now).

I'm in the process of configuring 9 more servers for 10.2.0.4 & ASM and wanted to be PAINFULLY aware of all details.

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA | A c x i o m M I C S / C S O

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax