Re: Listener under ASM or db?

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:57:29 -0500

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. It was always my assumption (Could have swore I read a Metalink Document) that the CRS and ASM versions are much like a listener and need to be on the highest version of database on a box (down to the patchset level).

For example, if you wanted to patch a database to 10.2.0.4 and your CRS and ASM were 10.2.0.3. You'd first have to patch your CRS and ASM home to 10.2.0.4 before any database would be patched. With that assumption in mind, we've always kept our RAC listeners in the ASM home.

Bradd Piontek
Oracle Blog: http://piontekdd.blogspot.com Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/piontekdd