Re: changing ip interface in a cluster

From: Roman Podshivalov <roman.podshivalov_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:27:03 -0400

Hi,

I performed RAC re-ip in the past by following that note, one node went fine, but other had some issues, cannot recollect what exactly. To fix them I had to use crs_unregister to remove all related stuff and re-run vipca to recreate them with correct IPs. Also make sure to work with your SA to adjust TTL in DNS or whatever name resolution system you are using internally to avoid flushing name cache on the clients.

--romas