RE: Listener under ASM or db?

From: Sais, Gene <Gsais_at_mypalmbeachclerk.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 07:53:00 -0400

ASM_HOME or it's own Home.

-----Original Message-----

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Herring Dave - dherri Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:16 PM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Listener under ASM or db?

Folks,

I'm about to configure 10 servers using 10.2.0.4 and ASM, all non-RAC. My question is what's the preferred or best location for the listener, to run out of the db's $ORACLE_HOME or ASM's $ORACLE_HOME? Are there any advantages to either listener location? We shouldn't need 2, although having 2 would remove the need to decide which location. :-)

Thanks.

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA |   A c x i o m  M I C S / C S O 630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank You.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Sep 18 2008 - 06:53:00 CDT

Original text of this message