Re: getting rid of copies of archivelogs

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 10:30:51 -0700

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 7:14 AM, Claudia Zeiler <czeiler_at_ecwise.com> wrote:

> backup archivelog all not backed up delete all input format
> '/d123/backup/arch_%d_%u_%s';
>
> the problem files are not archive logs, but copies of them.

Hi Claudia,

Can you explain exactly what you mean by 'copies'?

Are you referring to another copy of the archive log, such as when 2 archive log destinations are in use?

eg. both archive_log_dest_1 and archive_log_dest_2 are set

Or are you referring to the backup files on /d123/backup?

My vote is for /d123/backup based on context of your posts.

The reason for everyone's confusion on the list is your use of the term 'copy' which means something else entirely.

Are your archive log backups in /d123/backup being backed up to tape?

If so, how do you back them up?

--
Jared Still